Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Big Project Done!

Yeah, hurray! My second big book project for the year is done (until author review) -- and I soooo need a rest!

I just got an e-mail from the marketing department at my publisher about the launch of the Pocket Idiot's Guide to the ASVAB, which will hit shelves the first week in December. This book marked my first foray into mass-market nonfiction publishing. In the end, it clocked in at 208 pages and was a bear to put together with my writing partner and editors between April and June.

But for the whole summer and into this semester, we've also been putting together a Complete Idiot's Guide to the ASVAB, which is slated to be double the length. It was a monstrous task that I have to send my most sincere thanks to Laura Stradley (my co-author), Kara LaFrance (my SIL and most awesome illustrator in the world) for moving heaven and Earth to get this done. It took a lot of long nights, arguments, blood, sweat, and tears, but it is finally all squared away and off to the editors.



I had no idea when I signed on to these projects that they would be so complex and exhausting. And yet, I feel like they are also very much worth the time and effort. This experience has been amazing and I hope to repeat it again next year with a book about academic writing (which has nothing to do with math or science, unlike the ASVAB!).

Now on to my next goal -- get my paranormal suspense novel done and hit the fiction shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment